making a difference

what is your impact on the people around you? it might be more thank you think!

we all make an impact - either positive or negative. it is up to us to choose what that impact will be. to give yourself a bigger footprint, we need to make a few life decisions.


people are attracted to those who invest time in them as a leader and person. get into the HABIT of expecting yourself and your other volunteer leaders to cultivate new leaders by reaching out to others.


here are a few gems from the book "how full is your bucket" by don clifton and tom rath.


positive impact questions

  • I have helped someone in the last 24 hours.
  • I am an exceptionally courteous person.
  • I like being around positive people.
  • I have praised someone in the last 24 hours.
  • I have developed a knack for making other people feel good.
  • I am more productive when I am around positive people.
  • In the last 24 hours, I have told someone that I cared about him or her.
  • I make it a point to become acquainted with people wherever I go.
  • When I receive recognition, it makes me want to give recognition to someone else.
  • In the last week, I have listened to someone talk through his or her goals and ambitions.
  • I make unhappy people laugh.
  • I make it a point to call each of my associates by the name she or he likes to be called.
  • I notice what my colleagues do at a level of excellence.
  • I always smile when I meet people.
  • I feel good about giving praise whenever I see good behavior."

thank you to the higher ground and quest staff for making an impact this summer!


0 comments: